XML sitemaps are great for helping visitors to your WordPress website navigate around your site. But did you know XML sitemaps also help your website’s search engine rankings? In this article, FixRunner.com shows you a selection of the best XML Plugins for WordPress to get you mapping your site today!
What is an XML sitemap?
It is a virtual map showing the entire contents of your website. All pages and posts will be featured, usually in a grid relating to which posts appear in which categories of your site. For example, if your site has a special portal for news and articles, all of the contents of that portal will be listed as appearing under “news and articles.”
How do XML Plugins work?
XML Plugins will automatically generate the XML sitemap for you. We recommend 3 such XML Plugins below, but remember that you only need to choose one for your WordPress site!
3 Great XML Plugins
Here is out collection of 3 XML plugins that can help you easily create a sitemap
1. Google XML Sitemaps WordPress Plugin
- Using this plugin will help your site be better indexed in Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com
- Supports WordPress-made pages as well as custom URLs
- Will automatically notify search engines each time that you post new content onto your blog or webpage.
2. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- This SEO Plugin also comes with the added bonus of producing an XML sitemap.
- If you already have the Plugin and want to use the Sitemap feature, simply go to the SEO tab and then check the XML Sitemaps box to enable the Yoast XML sitemap function.
3. All in One Webmaster
- This plugin will submit your sitemap to Google and Bing
- Very easy to use and simple interface
How Can You Use This Information?
If you are interested in xml plugins, it is safe to say you are trying to make your site optimized for SEO. Having a good XML sitemap is a good place to start, but it is only a first step. You need a proper SEO plugin for this purpose and you can take a pick from our list of the best two.