Designing an appealing, fully-featured real estate website used to be a very daunting task. It required an in-depth understanding of coding and web-design.
Thankfully, with the evolution of WordPress, building a real estate website has become super easy. You can have an aesthetic, responsive, SEO friendly, and powerful real estate website with WordPress. We’ll discuss how to go about this in greater detail under these headings.
- Why WordPress
- How to create a real estate website with WordPress
- WordPress Real Estate Plugins Compared
- Other Important Plugins for your Real Estate Website
WordPress is an open source online tool used for creating almost any kind of website. It currently powers more than 35% of all websites on the internet. Its flexibility and ease-of-usage makes it a preferred choice for many.
With WordPress, you can build a fully featured real estate website without writing a single code.
How to create a real estate website with WordPress
In this section, we will briefly explain the steps to creating your WordPress real estate website. If you already have a site and want to learn about the best real estate plugins and how to use them, skip to the next section.
Also, we recommend using WordPress.org for your real estate website. This is because WordPress.org gives you access to use all the plugins and features we will be discussing.
You can read more about this on the differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
Having said that, here is a step by step guide on creating a real estate site.
Step 1: Choose a good Web Host
Firstly, get a good WordPress hosting provider. You need a fast, reliable, and affordable WordPress host. Ensure you make an informed decision. Check out our compilation of the best hosting companies.
Step 2: Register Your Domain Name
The next step is to register your domain name. This is going to be your WordPress blog/website’s address. It’s best to stick to a name that is easy to remember.
You can use your name – such as www.meshealrealtor.com. Or you can use the name of your company – whichever works better for your needs.
Step 3: Install WordPress
With your host and domain name ready, the next step is to install WordPress. Learn how to install WordPress using 1-click.
Step 4: Choose a Real Estate Theme
There are tons of visually-appealing, WordPress Real Estate themes to choose from. Some of them are absolutely free; while others are not.
Step 5: Use WP Real Estate Plugins
Real Estate Plugins can help you distinguish your website from your competitors. You should use one from a reliable plugin developer. Fortunately, there are a number of trusted WordPress real estate plugins. They include;
- Real Estate Pro
- Impress Listings
- WPL Real Estate
- Easy Property Listings WordPress plugin
- Essential Real Estate WordPress plugin
- Home Value WordPress Plugin
- Toolset Plugin
- WP Amortization calculator
The features and functions of each plugin will be discussed below.
WordPress Real Estate Plugins Compared
Estatik Real Estate Plugin helps you to design an easy-to-customize real estate website. It is suitable for individual realtors and large real-estate companies alike. If purchased, you will be given a free theme and a set-up demo.
With this plugin, your site visitors can:
- search properties based on popularity, date or price
- calculate mortgage
- view the location of a property on the map
- make payment online
- share on any social media platform
- View the photo gallery and watch videos
However, there are four versions of Estatik to choose from. They are; Estatik simple (free), the Pro pack ($89), developers pack ($129) and the premium pack ($489). The features of each package are different. Visit the official website to learn more and choose your preferred package.
The WP Real Estate Pro plugin can transform any WordPress site into a complete real estate website. The settings, templates, and pages are configured at the point of installation. It was designed in a way that web developers can add new features without compromising speed and security.
Here are a few other reasons why WP Real Estate Pro comes highly recommended:
- It works with any WordPress theme
- An advanced search feature is included
- You can manage and create maps easily
- Users can compare multiple listings on the same web page
- It is responsive with a beautiful photo gallery
- You can view more property details on the single listing page
You may download the free version, or get a license for 1 site ($63), 3 sites ($83), or unlimited sites ($93).
IMPRESS listings creates a listing management system for your WordPress real estate site. Its IDX (Internal Data Exchange) and MLS (Multiple Listing System) integration makes it a great choice for Realtors.
Here are a few benefits of IMPress plugin;
- Users can search for properties based on location, property type or status
- A map is generated the moment you enter the property’s latitude and longitude
- It is compatible with any WordPress theme
- A contact form is included for your site visitors
- It is an open source software
Although the plugin is free, you may choose to purchase some premium listing templates.
WPL (WordPress Property Listing) is one of the most flexible and feature-rich real estate plugins. It was designed such that you can effortlessly add, change or remove custom fields. Your finished website may look like the picture below.
Here are a few other features of the WPL Real Estate plugin:
- Visitors can view listings in grid or vertical formats
- Details of each property is displayed
- Search Engine Friendly URLs are generated for each property
- Visitors can get in touch with agents through a contact form
- It has a social sharing feature.
WPL pro costs $199.
Easy Property Listings is an easy-to-use plugin packed with some advanced features to help you configure your real estate site. It is flexible, fast and takes only a few minutes to configure. Your property listings are displayed beautifully on your website immediately after configuration, .
Here are some reasons why the Easy Property Listing is a great choice:
- listings can be displayed in grid or list format
- the package comes with hundreds of theme templates
- It is compatible with most WordPress themes
- largely flexible
- Support other non-dollar currencies
- SEO friendly
Although the regular plugin is free, there are extensions you may have to buy as time goes on.
Essential Real Estate Plugin is a great tool for a stylish, flexible and modern real estate website. Some of its features include;
- Email Listing Alerts
- Compatible With WPML and Visual Composer plugins
- Flexible Search options
- Three payment Methods: Paypal, Wire Transfer, and Stripe
- provides Map Directions to each property
- 360 degree Virtual Tour.
This plugin is free.
Wp-property may be described as a complete real estate management system. It was designed to create and manage a flexible property management and real estate website. The plugin isn’t limited to real estate alone. It can be used to showcase other entities like livestock, pets, vehicles etc.
Some features of the WP real estate plugin include:
- perfect compatibility with WordPress websites
- flexible templates for each property
- user-friendly interface
- you do not need to install third party gallery plugins
You can download this plugin for free from the WordPress plugin directory.
Home value WordPress Plugin is an easy-to setup real estate software. It provides an impressive lead management system for its users. It is highly flexible and has a property valuation feature attached to it.
This plugin is free to download and use.
We can describe the Toolset Real Estate Plugin as an all-in-one package. Your real estate website gets all the necessary features required to function well. The Plugin integrates well with other plugins like WooCommerce, W3TC, Gravity forms, and WPML.
Some of its other features include:
- An advanced search function
- Sliders displaying multiple properties
- Integration with Google maps
- Multiple languages
- Compatible with the most recent version of WordPress
- Easy to customize
- Looks good on any device
Your website users can search for properties based on features, location or type of property.
This plugin comes in three categories. The most pocket friendly – Toolset Presentation goes for $69. While Toolset Interactive and Toolset Agency cost $149 and $299 respectively.
This Plugin may not be classified as a stand-alone real estate plugin for WordPress. However, it could be an awesome addition to your website. Its major function, as the name implies, is to help your site users calculate Mortgage, Auto and other kinds of amortized loans.
Getting a licence for this Plugin will cost you $21.
Other Important Plugins for your Real Estate Website
In addition, the plugins discussed above, there are a few other important Plugins to use on your real estate site.
- A WordPress Security Plugin – A security plugin is compulsory for every WordPress website. They help keep your site secure and fortified against hacks and malware. You can read our WordPress tutorial on security Plugins to learn more about security.
- Backup Plugins for WordPress – A WordPress backup plugin is necessary for your real estate website. Learn more about WordPress backup plugins.
- A WordPress Contact Form Plugin – To run a business, you need clients to be able to contact you with ease. You need a contact form plugin to ease communication between you and your site users. Learn more about WordPress contact form plugins.
- A WordPress SEO Plugin – an SEO plugin can help increase the visibility of your website. Read this guide on WordPress SEO to learn more.
Creating a Real Estate Website is not different from creating any other kind. Simply choose your web hosting provider, your domain name, real estate theme and plugins.
We have listed and discussed some of the best Real Estate Plugins for WordPress. You may choose just one of them for your website and go on to build your business.