Chatbots are software that you can use to provide good customer service. While they have many applications, the most suitable place to have a Chatbot is on your WordPress Website. This is because they can automate most of your customer support service. And since you are on this page, you need to add one to your website.
They help in saving time and increasing user engagement. When paired with human agents, they can save valuable time by attending to common and recurring user queries. Also, over 92% of millennials have a growing interest in using a Chatbot to get details about a product. Why should you be left out?
So if you need to connect with customers on your website or want to cut costs and save time, then you need a Chatbot. Fortunately, WordPress provides lots of plugins to do that.
Choosing the right chatbot provider can be challenging with so many options available. In this guide, we will review the top 5 WordPress chatbot plugins for WordPress. We also explain how you can add a free chatbot to your website.
- What to look for in a WordPress Chatbot
- What is the Best Chatbot for WordPress?
What to look for in a WordPress Chatbot Plugin
Some features make a Chatbot solution effective for the intended purpose. While this depends on the business needs, you should answer the following question:
Is it Rule-based or AI-Powered?
Chatbots can either be rule-based or powered by Artificial Intelligence.
Rule-based chatbots follow predefined logic to interact with customers. They can only ask questions that the system has been trained to understand. However, they cannot ask personal questions or suggest extra information or products to customers.
An AI-powered Chatbot, on the other hand, is more complex. It has machine learning capabilities that enable it to learn over time. It then uses this understanding to answer customer requests or make product recommendations. They understand intentions and are capable of responding based on those intentions, even if they are not trained to do so.
Your preference between the two should depend on your business needs. If you are looking for a Chatbot that is enough for the customer’s success journey, we recommend AI-powered Chatbots.
For getting basic information from customers before referring them to a human, you can find a rule-based Chatbot more useful.
Is it Conversational or Pre-scripted?
Chatbots can either be conversational or pre-scripted. A conversational Chatbot is capable of communicating with customers like a human. They understand natural languages and interpret them to keep customers engaged.
In contrast, pre-scripted Chatbot responses to customers are predefined. You have to enter every possible question and provide answers for each query.
Conversational Chatbots can keep customers engaged and make communications more natural.
You can also use pre-scripted chatbots to provide quick guides to customers. Again, your choice of Chatbot should depend on your business needs and intended use case.
Does it integrate with the Common Chat and Analytics Platform?
Most people are on major social media and chat platforms, and they find it convenient to use them for communications.
Thus, you may want to integrate your Chatbot with common social media and chat platforms. This can be Viber, Messenger, and WhatsApp. This makes it convenient for customers to use the platform most suitable to them.
There are also some popular tools that you may need for analysis. And you may likewise want to integrate with platforms such as google analytics and clicky. This way you can record customers’ activities and make personalized recommendations.
Check to see that your chatbot supports these integrations.
Is it effective for specific use cases?
You may need to provide personalized information based on user inputs. You may also need to provide product recommendations to customers while shopping.
Either way, you need a Chatbot that can work according to your preference. Your choice of Chatbot should have the capability to serve your customers’ needs, and yours too. You may need to take some time to reflect on your chat needs, and then compare these to the features of the chatbots you are looking at.
Does it Support Omnichannel?
If your business has many channels, you may consider using a Chatbot that integrates with every channel you use. This way, you can improve their experience.
This may include marketing and communication platforms, and any other platform you use to engage with users. By doing so, you make it easier for customers to navigate through your business. You are also providing a unified experience across every platform that you use.
Can it Analyze Sentiments?
This is another feature to look out for when choosing live chat plugins. It is important to recognize customers’ moods when communicating. This way, you can provide them with the best experience.
Although understanding sentiment is a human capability, Chatbots now offer this feature using deep learning and neural networks.
This feature is not included in every Chatbot plugin, but some advanced ones do offer it. Therefore, if you are looking to provide customer support without including human agents, we recommend you look out for this feature.
What is the Best Chatbot for WordPress?
To decide on the best Chatbot plugin for WordPress, you need to consider your business goals and budget.
So to help you, we have provided you with a list of popular WordPress plugins. These plugins are capable of delivering the best experience for your business.
We will also list their features and pricing. This way, you can easily decide which is best for you.
Without much ado, here are our picks:
1 – HubSpot Chatbot Plugin for WordPress
HubSpot is a free marketing solution. They help businesses to increase their leads and maximize conversion. They also offer a chatbot plugin that you can use to engage your customers.
You can use this plugin to answer frequently asked questions. You can also take advantage of the included email marketing solutions.
Further, you can integrate the Chatbot builder with their free CMS solution in a couple of clicks. This enables you to maximize the useful features offered by HubSpot. You can as well track customers’ data and provide a more personalized experience.
- You can add live chat with a human agent to your Chatbot.
- With their chatbot feature, you get to provide 24/7 support to customers.
- You can manage customer contact information across your website and across the HubSpot CRM platform.
- It includes beautiful templates for email marketing. You can also configure it to automatically send emails depending on user actions.
- The software can be used to create beautiful and dynamic opt-in forms and popups to get more leads. You can filter the popup to display according to user behavior. It also integrates seamlessly with other WordPress forms and popup builders.
- Real-time tracking of chatbot performance.
- It integrates seamlessly with the most useful tools you will need for your website. It also works with Zapier and PieSync, giving you unlimited integration possibilities.
If you are a small business, the free plan can handle your marketing needs effectively.
But if you need more features, you may consider upgrading to the pro version.
BASIC PLAN (USD 45/Month or USD 540/Year)
- You can manage up to 1,000 marketing contacts.
- Remove HubSpot branding from forms and campaigns.
- Fast response when you contact customer support.
PROFESSIONAL PLAN (USD 800/Month or USD 9,600/Year)
- Let’s you manage up to 2,000 marketing contacts.
- Every feature in the basic plan.
- Omnichannel personalization and ability to automate marketing.
- Collaborate with your team to manage campaigns.
- Campaign Optimisation.
- Phone Support.
ENTERPRISE PLAN (USD 3,200/Month or USD 38,400/Year)
- You can manage up to 10,000 marketing contacts.
- Every feature in the basic and professional plan.
- Team and Brand management.
- Platform extension with other CRM.
- Advanced reporting.
Since this is an AI-based Chatbot, you can use it as a complete marketing solution on your website. If you need it to analyze customers’ sentiments, you can integrate it with Google Dialogflow.
2 – Chatbot with IBM Watson
This is an AI Chatbot from IBM. It uses machine learning to understand customers’ behavior. The data is then used to provide the best experience for customers on your website.
It provides personalized results to customer queries, thereby increasing their satisfaction.
To use this plugin, you will need to train it to offer the service you wish it to. But, this is a simple process that shouldn’t take much time.
IBM’s Chatbot is highly customizable and suitable for most businesses. It utilizes Watson assistant and you can use it with a free IBM cloud lite account.
- Uses rich responses to add images and clickable responses to your Chatbot conversation.
- You can integrate live chat with Twilio VOIP.
- Easy account management from the WordPress admin dashboard.
- You can control where you want the chatbot to appear.
- Easy drag and drop customization to give your Chatbot the appearance of your choice.
LITE PLAN (FREE)
- Basic Chatbot features.
- Includes Conversational AI.
- Engaging user experience with images, buttons, etc.
PLUS PLAN (USD 140/Month)
- Everything in Lite plan.
- Integrates phone and SMS.
- Up to 1000 monthly active users (MAUs).
- 14 USD for an extra 100 MAUs.
CUSTOM PLAN (CUSTOM PRICE)
- Scalable Chatbot assistant with data governance and enterprise support.
This is equally an AI-powered Chatbot that you can customize to suit your needs. Thus, this chatbot is likely going to fit in with your business requirements.
3 – WP-Chatbot For Messenger – WordPress Chatbot Plugin
You can use this chatbot plugin to communicate with customers via Facebook messenger.
If you engage in Facebook marketing, you are likely to interact with users via messenger. So to provide a unified experience to your customers, you can connect the Chatbot between your website and messenger.
It also features the mobile monkey Omnichat, a software that allows you to chat with customers from any messaging platform.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- Supports native web chat for customers not using Facebook messenger.
- Team access to inboxes from any part of the world.
- Have a mobile app to interact with customers on the go.
- Easy integration with other Chatbot tools.
- Easy setup and customization. You can customize messages for different types of users.
- Chatbot with live Chat
- Form to collect leads.
- Template for WordPress and Facebook messenger.
- Supports one operator.
PRO PLAN (USD 21.75/Month)
- Every feature in the free plan.
- Email notifications for new conversions and customer engagements.
- SMS marketing.
- Supports two operators.
UNICORN PLAN (USD 51/Month)
- All features in the free and pro plan.
- Custom email and mobile app notifications for user engagements.
- User synchronization with Facebook ADs.
TEAM PLAN (USD 299/Month)
- All features in the preceding plans.
- Supports up to 10 websites.
If you wish to interact with your customers through messenger, this is a suitable chatbot to get. While it may not have most of the advanced features offered by other plugins, it is capable of handling essential customer relations services.
4 – WP Live Chat + Chatbots Plugin for WordPress – Chaport
It is designed to make your communication with customers easy and engaging – much like chatting with a friend.
Chaport supports multi-channel to interact with your customers on multiple platforms. It also provides chatbots to assist with customer communication.
It comes with a WYSIWYG editor to create rules for Chatbot. You can also choose from predefined Chatbot templates. They assist in starting a conversation with visitors and help to request information. They also provide answers to frequently asked questions, and transfer chat to a human.
- Provide 24/7 Customer Support with the aid of chatbots.
- Supports multi-channel, giving customers the flexibility to reach you from their favorite platform.
- Self-Service with the help of an FAQ Setup.
- Provide satisfactory service with the aid of chatbots and humans.
- Increase sales with checkout-triggered chats and notifications.
- Easy design and customization.
- Supports Unlimited Chats and Websites.
- Basic Widget Customisation.
- Available with Web, Desktop, and mobile apps.
- Saves Chat history for the past 30 days.
- Supports 1 operator.
PREMIUM PLAN (USD 19/Month or Operator)
- Includes everything in the free plan.
- Supports multi-channel.
- Can set up an Autoresponder.
- Chat history up to 1 year.
BUSINESS PLAN (USD 29/Month or Operator)
- Everything in the Premium plan.
- Customizable bots (1000 plan/month or operator)
- Unlimited chat history.
- Chats rating.
- Bots for knowledge base and FAQs.
- Integration with Zapier.
ENTERPRISE PLAN (CUSTOM PRICING)
- Everything in the business plan.
- A dedicated account manager.
- Product training.
- Security Assistance.
If you are depending more on human agents for your customer service needs, then this plugin would be right for your needs. It is primarily designed for such purposes, and it provides you with the tools you need.
5 – Chatbot for Website by Collect.chat
Chatbot for Website is our fifth recommended chatbot plugin. It offers a simple and flexible method to add a chat widget to your website. You can also customize the interface and functions as you need.
Additionally, you can use it to generate leads and book appointments with your audience. You can automate user data collection and replace human agents.
Also, you can create a survey or request feedback from your customers.
- 24/7 Customer engagement.
- Autopilot lead generation, and conversion.
- Feedback collection.
- Grow your email subscriber list.
- Create FAQs to guide your users through your product.
- An easy way for your users to set up an appointment.
- Possible leads notifications.
- 100% Customer support automation.
FREE PLAN (USD 0/Month)
- Unlimited chatbots.
- 50 Responses per month.
- Appointment booking.
LITE PLAN (USD 24/Month)
- Every feature in the free plan.
- 500 responses per month.
- Webhook integration.
STANDARD PLAN (USD 49/Month)
- Every feature in the lite plan.
- 2,500 responses per month.
- Integrates with third-party apps.
- Email notification.
- Track campaign performance.
- Add a custom domain.
- OTP Validation for phone numbers.
- Remove the “collect.chat” branding.
PLUS PLAN (USD 99/Month)
- Every feature in the standard plan.
- 5,000 chat messages per month.
You will find this Chatbot plugin more useful if you do not plan to engage your customers with a human agent. While it doesn’t offer the more advanced features like sentiment analysis, it uses machine learning to interact with customers. And you can customize it to offer any service you need with little input from your end.
How do I add a free Chatbot to my WordPress Site?
Having gone through our list of the 5 best chatbot options for your website, you may want to know how to add a free chatbot to WordPress.
This section explains how you can do so, using “Chatbot with IBM” as an example.
To start, log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and then go to Plugins >> Add New.
After that, input your preferred Chatbot keyword into the search box. In this example, we are using Chatbot with IBM. After that, click on the Install Now button next to the plugin name.
Once installed, click the Activate button to activate the plugin.
Next, head on to Watson Assistant >> Set Up Chatbot to open the plugin’s Settings page.
To customize your Chatbot, follow the instructions provided in the videos on the “Building a chatbot” tab. The videos will guide you on the procedures required to set up a free chatbot.
Conclusion – Chatbot WordPress
To sum up, Chatbots are a great way to provide excellent customer service on your website. They range from simple rule-based algorithms to AI-powered software. But regardless of the type, the goal is to have a system delivering a top-notch customer experience in your absence.
In this post, we have described some of our top picks in Chatbots for WordPress. We did this by highlighting their features and pricing structure. Also, we have shown you what to look for before deciding on a Chatbot plugin as well as how you can add a free Chatbot to your website.
We hope that you can now decide on a suitable Chatbot option for your website. If you have any questions, feel free to ask using the comment box below. You may also have interest in our 10 Free proven ways to drive traffic to your website guide.