What are WordPress survey plugins, and why should you use one? This article will explain.
It’s okay to trust your ‘gut feelings’ when making very simple decisions. But, when you need to make critical business judgments, you should use a survey. A survey is a collection of questions used to obtain information from a group of people. It is one of the most effective and reliable ways of knowing what your customers think.
So if you are wondering how to satisfy your customers better, compile a list of relevant questions and let them tell you. Companies like Apple, Siteground, and Starbucks, improve their services based on the data derived from surveys. And you should do the same.
Fortunately, collecting user feedback via surveys is a piece of cake especially if you own a WordPress website. There are many WordPress plugins designed especially for this purpose. We’ll discuss eight (8) of them shortly.
- What to look out for in a WordPress Survey plugin
- WordPress Survey plugins
What to look out for in a WordPress Survey plugin
When you need to collect user feedback, the first thing to do is to select from the best WordPress survey plugins. So, how do you decide which one to go for?
The most important feature to look out for in a plugin is its quality. WordPress survey plugins are not equal. Some are coded to high standards and work flawlessly, while others cause problems on user sites. Plugins with low quality could affect your site’s speed and security.
To know how good a plugin is, check it’s ratings and read third-party reviews. Also check it’s update history to know if it’s being maintained.
Easy to use
Creating a survey form in WordPress shouldn’t be a herculean task. Why spend all day trying to set up a simple survey? Consider going for a plugin that comes with some easy to customize templates. Or one that uses a drag and drop form builder.
When creating surveys, appearance matters. Thrill your audience with stylish and beautiful looking survey forms. An ideal survey plugin should help you create visually attractive and engaging forms.
After completing a survey, you may need to view the results in the charts. Go for a plugin that gives you many reporting options to choose from.
Would you like to share survey results on your site? Go for a plugin that lets you embed your results easily.
WordPress Survey Plugins
Surveys are useful whether you own a large eCommerce store or a small health blog. Or how else can you tell what your customers think if you don’t ask? When done correctly, surveys can help you gain and retain more customers.
Here are some plugins through which you can collect user feedback. Check out the features of each plugin and decide which to use.
WPforms is a popular contact form plugin in the WordPress space. It comes with some powerful features with which you can design smart forms and surveys.
If you know how to handle a computer mouse, you can use WPforms. Yeah, it’s that simple. You only need to drag a feature and drop it wherever you want (using the drag and drop form builder).
The ‘surveys and polls addon’ enables you to create highly engaging survey forms. It comes with templates that can be customized to your taste.
If you want to ask different types of questions, WPforms has you covered. You can choose any of these: Likert Scale, Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, Dropdown Field, Text Field, and Rating Field.
The conditional logic feature further helps you create a more dynamic survey form. This means the next question will be based on a user’s previous answer.
To enable this feature, tick the ‘enable’ checkbox. And then set the rules.
The survey reporting feature of this plugin is something to love. You can view your results in a pie chart, bar chart or line graph.
You can even export the survey reports, print them and share on social media.
Looking for a free plugin to help you create an unlimited number of WordPress surveys (and quizzes)? Quiz and Survey Master plugin (QSM) would do the job! It is easy to use and has an incredible 4.8 out of 5-star rating.
With this plugin, you can customize your text, create multi-page surveys, and ask different types of questions (multiple-choice, open answers, drop down, multiple responses, and true/false).
When a user completes a survey, you can further strengthen your relationship with them by sending them a ‘thank you’ mail. And that’s not all. Other features of the QSM plugin include:
- Sharing survey results on social media
- Setting time limits for quizzes or surveys
- Keeping track of the time a user spends on a survey
You can start creating surveys in your WordPress dashboard once you install the plugin. See how the interface looks.
This highly customizable plugin can even be extended with the premium addons. some of the available add-ons include;
- Reporting and analysis: used to analyze your results. And lets you display the results in bar, pie, word count and box plot chats. Costs $35 for a single site.
- Email Marketing: this addon lets you add users who take your survey to your list of subscribers on MailChimp (or any other Email service). Costs $25.
- Funnel optimization: you would love this addon if surveys are a part of your marketing and conversion strategies. It allows you to track your survey submissions on Google analytics. Costs $35.
- Export results: with this addon, you can export survey results into CSV. Costs $25.
If all you need is a basic tool to create a simple survey for your WP site, WP-Polls may be your best bet. This free plugin is customizable and easy to use.
Although you can only collect responses via checkboxes and radio buttons, WP-polls comes with some features you’ll love:
- You can set a start and expiry date for your poll
- Users can see the results as soon as they cast their votes
- It is customizable via CSS styles and templates
- You can decide who answers your surveys (registered users, guests, or both).
The Responsive Poll plugin is a perfect combination of simplicity, variety, and class. This fully responsive plugin lets you create an unlimited number of polls. It is easy to install and use.
After concluding a survey, the plugin allows you to view the results in WP admin area through seven (7) animated chart types;
It is fully customizable and can display many polls on one page.
See some other features of this plugin.
- It is responsive.
- You can add images and videos to your surveys.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- You can create any number of polls.
- Easy to install, customize, and use.
- Supports many languages.
- Easy to embed on your WordPress site.
- Many designs to choose from.
- Ability to duplicate polls and themes.
- You can edit and delete polls after creating them.
The free version of this plugin offers you limited features. To enjoy more features, upgrade to the personal ($15), business ($25) or development ($35) plans.
5. Ninja forms
Ninja forms plugin is one of the most popular WordPress plugins in the WordPress repository. It is loaded with features through which you can create beautiful forms and surveys, connect with CRM, get more leads, generate PDFs, etc.
This easy to use plugin comes in both free and paid versions. To create surveys, purchase these two addons – conditional logic and the multi-part forms addons.
The conditional logic addon helps you build smart survey forms that can change as a respondent fills the form. The multi-part addons, on the other hand, lets you divide a long intimidating form into shorter ones. Each add-on costs $49 for a single site.
- Drag and drop form builder.
- Advanced Analytics.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Many customizable form templates to choose from.
- Translated into over 16 languages.
This plugin lets you create interactive content from existing templates or from scratch. It does a great job of catching the attention of visitors and keeping them glued until all questions are answered.
Polls, surveys, forms, and quizzes, can be designed with this plugin. It is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Easy to use.
- Integrates with top email marketing services.
- Email notification when surveys are submitted.
- Hundreds of templates to choose from.
- Easy to embed on your site.
- Integrates videos and images into polls.
- Supports more than 42 languages.
- Includes conditional logic.
Poll, Survey, Form & Quiz Maker by OpinionStage is an open-source plugin and is free to download.
FormCraft is a WordPress contact form plugin best known for its ability to create responsive, beautiful, and stylish forms. It’s drag and drop form editor makes it easy for anyone to use without any coding experience.
Just like many other plugins, FormCraft has a free and a premium version. The free version comes with a lot of features but would leave you hungry for more.
- Fast and lightweight.
- Looks good on all devices.
- Support multiple field types.
- Easy to embed forms on-site through shortcodes.
- Email notifications.
- Conditional Logic.
- Email services Integrations (MailChimp, Aweber, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor).
- Advanced form analytics.
- More than 20 form fields which include special survey fields like sliders and star ratings.
- Form auto-save feature.
- Highly customizable.
- Send automatic mails to your respondents.
- More templates to choose from.
- Form export via CSV.
- Many add-ons to improve functionality, like recaptcha, multi-page forms, signature pad, user registration, form to post, multisite, etc.
If you require any of these premium features, you would have to shell out $36.
Forms by CaptainForm is an easy-to-use form builder for WordPress sites. The plugin comes as a complete package and does not require future purchase of add-ons.
This WordPress form builder is helpful in designing any type of contact form through it’s drag & drop visual editor. It has more than 25 form fields which include name, contact details, google map, social media buttons, digital signature and file uploads.
You may subscribe to any of the four service plans:Regular plan (free), Apprentice ($35), Master ($95) and hero ($195) plans.
- Reliable customer support.
- Integrates flawlessly with MailChimp, Google Drive, PayPal, SalesForce, Stripe, Authorize.net, and a lot more.
- Over 30 customizable templates.
- Forms look great on mobile devices.
Polls and Surveys can help you make very critical business decisions. Start by installing the right plugin and create lovely survey forms for your site visitors.
We have listed eight (8) of the plugins through which you can effectively conduct surveys.
Have you used any of these survey plugins? What was your experience like?